[Dovecot] Dovecot Folder Creation Problem

Ceyhun Ganioglu ceyhun at likya.net
Fri Apr 29 11:04:50 EEST 2011

Hi all,

I installed Dovecot-Postfix as an IMAP mail server and also RoundCube as
webmail. When I create an account using Postfix Admin and login to webmail,
roundCube creates the Junk Mail, Deleted Emails folder automatically. I also
added this account to my Microsoft Outlook 2007. Following some tutorials on
the internet I created an Outlook rule to move the sent emails to the IMAP
server's sent mail folder. When I  send an email, the email disappears from
the default sent items of Outlook but it doesn't appear on the IMAP server's
sent items folder.

Do I have to set some kind of other permissions on the IMAP server to fix
this problem? My version of Dovecot is 1.2.16.

I want my clients use Microsoft Outlook and reach all received and sent
emails via webmail anywhere they go.

Many thanks

Ceyhun