[Dovecot] Dovecot Folder Creation Problem

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Fri Apr 29 13:08:05 EEST 2011

Am 29.04.2011 10:04, schrieb Ceyhun Ganioglu:
> Hi all,
>

> I installed Dovecot-Postfix as an IMAP mail server and also RoundCube as
> webmail. When I create an account using Postfix Admin and login to webmail,
> roundCube creates the Junk Mail, Deleted Emails folder automatically. I also
> added this account to my Microsoft Outlook 2007. Following some tutorials on
> the internet I created an Outlook rule to move the sent emails to the IMAP
> server's sent mail folder. When I  send an email, the email disappears from
> the default sent items of Outlook but it doesn't appear on the IMAP server's
> sent items folder.
>

> Do I have to set some kind of other permissions on the IMAP server to fix
> this problem? My version of Dovecot is 1.2.16.
>

> I want my clients use Microsoft Outlook and reach all received and sent
> emails via webmail anywhere they go.
>

> Many thanks
>
> Ceyhun

you should choose one default folder layout , and autocreate and
autosubscribe it with dovecot, i would recommend to use thunderbird
default folder layout, as TB works on all major plattforms
then configure your clients to use these default folders
should be no problem with roundcube, in outlook 2010 this works
without the outlook spam folder,
in windows you can use reg patches gpo etc to auto configure folder
setup with outlook, but the truth is at recent you will not
goal a valid default auto folder configuration for all imap clients
you can only workaround it

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer