[Dovecot] dovecot & OCFS2 Cluster

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 9 18:18:36 EEST 2011

With v2.0 I'd suggest using http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Director

> mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%u/Maildir

Cluster filesystems don't seem to like Maildir much. With v2.0 you could
use mdbox.

> We are having severals  problems from "cpu stuck for 61 seconds"   to
> "too many connexion".

I don't know what either of those errors mean. In any case you should
switch to high-performance login processes:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/LoginProcess

http://wiki.dovecot.org/PerformanceTuning has more stuff