[Dovecot] dovecot & OCFS2 Cluster

Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo nebano at gmail.com
Fri May 13 02:00:11 EEST 2011

Hi all

I migrated from dovecot 1.2 to dovecot 2.0

Next step" migrate from maildir to mdbox"

I have being reading about migrating to mdbox as Timo pointed me out.
But I have douths with namespace. I tried to use dsync  and I got a
error:

dsync(root): Fatal: Mail locations must use the same virtual mailbox
hierarchy separator (specify separator for the default namespace)

I think It could be solved adding:

namespace {
  inbox = yes
  separator = /
  subscriptions = yes
}

Actually I have no namespace definition. If i add namespace definition
for start migrating,  waht about my clients? will they be able to find
there mail & mailboxes while I am migrating from maildir to mdbox?

Thanks.