[Dovecot] Question about quota configuration

Sat Feb 4 15:09:13 EET 2012

On 2012-02-03 9:38 AM, Przemek Orzechowski wrote:
> is there a method to actually prohibit users close to quota to send
> emails? Ie defining dovecot as authentication agent?

I wrote about a feature request on this list for something that would
probably easily provide the ability for dovecot to do something like
this a while back...

I would love to see dovecot get a 'Local Submission Agent', similar to
the LDA. This LSA could then most likely be leveraged (maybe via a
custom plugin, or maybe even natively) to do what you are requesting.

But the reason I requested it is I would like have the dovecot LSA be
able to automatically file a copy of all Sent messages to the users
designated special 'Sent' folder, similar to how GMail does this.

This way, you could completely disable the 'Save a copy of Sent Messages
to X folder' option in all mail clients like you can wit GMail accounts.
This would be a huge time saver for people who send a lot of messages
with large attachments. Currently, the client has to 'send' (upload) the
message to the server *twice* - once for 'sending' it, and again to
'save the sent copy'.

Timo - is there a place for users to submit formal Feature Requests?
And, is this idea of an LSA) something that you would even remotely
consider at any point in time in the future?

Maybe your new company could add a 'bounty' system, so users could
submit Feature Requests and they (and others) could pledge money for the
feature to be implemented?

--

Best regards,

Crles