[Dovecot] user login on behalf of another user

Benny Pedersen me at junc.org
Sun Feb 5 22:01:32 EET 2012

Den 2012-02-05 17:53, rog7993 at web.de skrev:

> Surely the preferable alternative would be the use of ACLs to give
> acccess to other users mailboxes. But we started this setup with
> Dovecot 1.0 or 1.1. And with these versions, ACLs weren't available.
> And now we have too much accounts and clients, which are configured
> this way and can't change this for the short term.

secureity wise i would also do this, had bots trying whole day here to
get week passwords found to atleast find one login that works, if acl is
used there is only one password found and the other user do not need to
change his password, but only the acl or ask the other user to change
his password, its still possible that both users is same user, imho it
have no point if its pam users or not