[Dovecot] Possible broken indexer(lucene/solr)?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 9 01:36:50 EET 2012

On 6.2.2012, at 23.26, Ingo Thierack wrote:

> try to use the new 2.1rc and don't get any data in the searchindex.
>
> Tried first lucene, and switched than back so solr.

Lucene should work..

> Maybe I miss something. Upgraded from 2.0.15 to 2.1(head from repository
> yesterday)
> With 2.0 i see, if i start an search, solr had to work on the mail, now
> happens nothing.
> Upgrade the schema.xml, delete the old index.

You mean you deleted Solr index, so that it's empty? That should work too.

Anyway, in v2.1 Dovecot keeps track of what is the last indexed message in dovecot.index files. So if you're switching between backends or have messed things up in tests, you need to run "doveadm fts rescan" (for each user).