[Dovecot] Synchronization error in NFS

Andy YB Hu ybhu at hk1.ibm.com
Thu Feb 9 10:36:17 EET 2012

Thanks Timo,

I just tried out the Director. One question is about the re-redirection.  I
know director will redirect all the simultaneous requests from the same
user to only a single server at the same time.  The question is how to
manage the time period after last connection to re-decide to redirect which
machine?   director_user_expire? Look like not.

I did one test, set director_user_expire = 1 min, then keep sending
requests to the director in 2 min interval, the result is it keeps redirect
to the same back end server.

Actually what i want is the "secondary load balancer layer" can redirect
requests to random back end. How to manage it? Only after the files on the
previous back end is expired?

Thanks.

             Timo Sirainen
             <tss at iki.fi>
             dovecot-bounces at d         Dovecot Mailing List
             ovecot.org                <dovecot at dovecot.org>
                                                                        cc

             02/09/2012 07:49                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [Dovecot] Synchronization error
                                       in NFS

             Please respond to
              Dovecot Mailing
                   List
             <dovecot at dovecot.
                   org>

On 7.2.2012, at 8.26, Andy YB Hu wrote:

> I am running some concurrent testings under NFS.
..
> Here are what I am doing:   One session running loop of COPY commands
> (while(1) COPY...) connects to one dovecot server;  The other session
> running loop of SELECT commands (while(1) SELECT...) connects to the
other
> dovecot server. Both are accessing the same mail box (/tmp/NFS);

I don't even attempt to support this kind of configuration anymore. Use
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Director