[Dovecot] dsync deleting too many emails (sdbox)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 9 21:47:47 EET 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 14:59 -0500, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> I'm guessing this is some bad interaction with sdbox and partial file downloads?
>
> I haven't read the code for this, but I would guess the dsync process isn't being atomic
> about file transfers, so it is leaving half-completed transfers in place, which results
> in corrupt files when they're next examined.

There were some problems related to this in dbox, although in your case
it seems to be worse than what it should..

I've anyway done several fixes in v2.1. Can you try if these problems
happen with it too? And in any case cleanup the dbox from the *.broken
files, so that "doveadm force-resync" won't give any errors.