[Dovecot] domain quota in sql

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 15 15:05:38 EET 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 08:26 +0100, Adam Szpakowski wrote:
> On 15.02.2012 02:55, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On 15.2.2012, at 3.54, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> >
> >> Domain-quota support in Dovecot is only partial. Recalculating domain quota would require more code. Last time when someone asked about this I wasn't even sure how it could be implemented, but nowadays it actually would be possible to do with:
> > Oh, and you could actually already do this with a doveadm script:
> [cut]
> I'm using something like this, but directly on the dbase level.
> Unfortunately such operation is quite db intensive, so I'm looking for a
> simpler solution.

Isn't it basically one table scan? To do UPDATE .. WHERE username = '%
@domain'

> Is there a way to add domainname as another collumn in dbase? This will
> simplify the SQL query and the GROUP BY could be used.

Not currently. Perhaps for v2.2 dict-sql redesign.

> > Of course it would be nice if Dovecot internally supported this.
> I was under impression, that dovecot does support this. In examples one
> can see:
>
> /usr/share/doc/dovecot-core/example-config/conf.d/90-quota.conf
..
> Also on dovecot2 wiki we can see (http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/Dict):

Well, yeah, it kind of works, but not 100% :) Anyway, why is the rescan
a problem anyway? Does your domain quota value keep breaking? In normal
operation it should work fine.