[Dovecot] Deny create folders

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Feb 27 00:28:27 EET 2012

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 22:31:35 +0100
S. Kremer articulated:

> Am 26.02.2012 17:41, schrieb Jerry:
> > On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:54:22 +0100
> > S. Kremer articulated:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> is it possible to configure dovecot in that way that special
> >> folders do not create automatically by some imap clients?
> >>
> >> i.e:
> >> outlook or thunderbird creates a folder junk-mail
> >>
> >> i would like that such folders are not created automatically or by
> >> users
> >
> > Exactly what problem are you attempting to alleviate? In the short
> > term you might seriously upset some of your clients and in the long
> > term cause a stability problem.

> Ok, thanks for answer.
>
> Every user's mailbox has a directory called Spam and Ham. I scan this
> two folders by a script to learn my spamassassin database.
> This script does not scan folders like spam, ham, junk-email etc.
> But some users have such folders in their mailbox so spamassassin does
> not learn from these folders.
>
> My aim is to force users to use the folders Spam and Ham and not other
> folders for spam or ham messages.

Please don't top post. It makes following a thread a lot harder than it
needs to be.

Couldn't you just make a soft link between the two folders and save
yourself and your clientele a lot of trouble? I have not messed with
"spamassassin" in years; however, I thought it was configurable on what
it scans.

--
Jerry ♔