[Dovecot] Can we know when a user read our email?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jun 3 22:07:47 EEST 2012

Am 03.06.2012 20:54, schrieb Jerry:
> On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 20:19:20 +0200
> Reindl Harald articulated:
>
>> people are mostly to stupid to realize what they
>> are trying to accomplish and why it it a bad idea
>>
>> this is why we professionals exist and if people
>> refuse what you are explaining them kiss them
>> goodbye - irt will be better for you over the long
>
> No offense, but considering your business attitude and disdain for
> potential clients and your opinion of them, it would be a far better
> thing if they steered clear of you all together.

by business attidue is perfectly OK

i do not offer things where i know they
will not work i the real world

> There are many considerate, intelligent, compassionate professionals
> out there who would be willing to take on the difficult client.

it is not intelligent to discuss about "can we know when a user read
our email?" - tis question has only one answer: no, forget it

if a customer thinks he must have any half baken solution
to make him happy i am fine he is the custoerm of someone
which is not interested in quality at all because both
are matching togehter

> Any "asshole" can service the routine, run of the mill, client.
> It takes a true professional to work with and service a difficult
> one

you need not to tell me about routine, really not

i have written admin-backends for nearly all types of services
including mail-backends (partly for options most people even
do not know that they exist) in the last years and after that
i know  what is NOT possible in a acceptable service quality

often it is much more important to know and realize what
you CAN NOT implement in acceptable quality as what you can