[Dovecot] dovecot ignores entries in virtual_alias_maps when using dovecot lda

Steve steeeeeveee at gmx.net
Fri Jun 8 17:12:01 EEST 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 15:56:34 +0200
> Von: Marko Weber <weber at zackbummfertig.de>
> An: Dovecot <dovecot at dovecot.org>
> Betreff: [Dovecot] dovecot ignores entries in virtual_alias_maps when using dovecot lda

> hello list,
> i need help. dovecot dont look into my virtual_alias_maps .
> i set via postzfixadmin an alias postmaster at domain.tld to
> newmail at domainother.tld.
> when i send mails to postmaster at domain.tld mails are rejected. dovecot
> authworker tells
> me in log: user unknown.
> but i can request the data via postmap -v -q postmaster at domain.tld
> mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias.cf
> and get result "newmail at domainother.tld".

This is postfix related. You need to look into your /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-auth.conf and there you have referenced (probably with an !include) a auth-sql.conf.ext file. The content of that file is important to us. Probably there you have a userdb {} entry with an driver = sql and an args entry. The file you reference there in the args entry is important to us too. Can you post the content of those files?

> any ideas, hwo to get dovecot to look into my alias maps?
>
> marko

// Steve