[Dovecot] upgrade from 1.0.5 to 2.1.7

Andreas Meyer anmeyer at anup.de
Fri Jun 8 20:02:43 EEST 2012

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On 8.6.2012, at 18.36, Andreas Meyer wrote:
>
> > Jun 08 17:20:19 imap: Error: dlopen(/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap/lib10_quota_plugin.so) failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap/lib10_quota_plugin.so:
> >
> > What can I do? Wouldn't it be great to get the new dovecot working with
> > my users and the old passwd file?
>
> The quota plugin isn't against the same version of Dovecot.. So you have two Dovecot versions now somehow all mixed up. One solution would be to delete all files related to Dovecot and install 2.1.7 again.

I wonder ./configure, make and make install went through, but for some
reason the /usr/lib/dovecot/modules directory was not updated. Could
it be because there was the old version 1.0.5 still running while
installing the new one?

I'll try to do a make install again while the dovecot is stopped
and then start the new version and see what happens.

  Andreas