[Dovecot] Dovecot Quotas in Version 2

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 03:45:03 EEST 2012

--- On Sat, 6/23/12, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> From: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
> Subject: Re: [Dovecot] Dovecot Quotas in Version 2
> To: "Brian Spraker" <spraker at yahoo.com>
> Cc: dovecot at dovecot.org
> Date: Saturday, June 23, 2012, 7:33 PM
> On 24.6.2012, at 3.29, Brian Spraker
> wrote:
>
> > This still didn't correct the issue - and Dovecot won't
> start when I have the mail_plugins line under 'protocol
> imap' uncommented.
>
> You should also enable quota globally so it will work for
> doveadm and other tools you may end up using.
>
> > Error in the syslog says:
> >
> > init: dovecot main process (xxxxx) terminated with
> status 89
>
> There should be another error message before this.

Thank you for the fast replies Timo.

I'm not sure I understand how to enable quota to work globally..?  But what would be preventing it from working under 'protocol imap' as it did before?

As for the log, here is the other lines that appeared above it:

Jun 23 19:31:13 server dovecot: master: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
Jun 23 19:31:13 server dovecot: log: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
Jun 23 19:31:13 server kernel: [100996.340925] init: dovecot main process (11580) terminated with status 89