[Dovecot] Dovecot Quotas in Version 2

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jun 24 03:51:12 EEST 2012

On 24.6.2012, at 3.45, Brian Spraker wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand how to enable quota to work globally..?

Just put "mail_plugins = quota" outside protocol {} sections.

>  But what would be preventing it from working under 'protocol imap' as it did before?

No idea, the error log should say the reason.

> As for the log, here is the other lines that appeared above it:
>
> Jun 23 19:31:13 server dovecot: master: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
> Jun 23 19:31:13 server dovecot: log: Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)

These mean that dovecot master process was stopped by init process. Why it's doing that I have no idea.

> Jun 23 19:31:13 server kernel: [100996.340925] init: dovecot main process (11580) terminated with status 89

Status 89 means that Dovecot should have logged an error about it. But I see no error here. I think Ubuntu is doing something weird. See what happens if you start dovecot using "dovecot -F" instead of any init script or such.