[Dovecot] permissions on auth-userdb

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 27 15:29:00 EEST 2012

On 23.6.2012, at 13.34, Charles Marcus wrote:

> It would be nice if there were a wiki page specifically describing how permissions should be set for all of the services/directories that dovecot uses.
>
> Even better would be a dovecot/doveconf command that would test the permissions and, if possible, even fix them (like the postfix 'set-permissions' command)...

The problem with those is that it depends on the installation. Each user may need different permissions. Many installations don't have a way to list users to even do a userdb lookup. I guess it would be possible to write such a tool for specific installations where it could work, but it wouldn't work everywhere..