dsync for subscription on public/shared folder

Mike Fröhner mikefroehner at gmx.de
Thu Dec 22 10:31:15 UTC 2016

Hello,

I already wrote regarding that, but maybe it sounded too complex. I will
write it a bit softer now.

The replication through dsnyc works perfectly with one exception. I am
having an issue with the replication of the subscriptions file on shared
folder.

We have a public mailbox defined:

namespace public-test {
   location = maildir:/opt/mail/_public/test
   prefix = public/test/
   separator = /
   subscriptions = no
   type = public
}

There 2 subfolder .Test1 and .Test2 which I would like to subscribe on
my user "ldaptestuser" which is part of the group "ldaptestgroup"

The dovecot-acl file on /opt/mail/_public/test and
/opt/mail/_public/test/.Test{1,2} are the same and are containing:

group=ldaptestgroup lrwstipekxa

Now if I login through my client (Thunderbird or Roundcubemail) I can
see the following debug log:

dovecot: imap(ldaptestuser): Debug: acl: acl username = ldaptestuser
dovecot: imap(ldaptestuser): Debug: acl: owner = 0
dovecot: imap(ldaptestuser): Debug: acl: group added: domain users
dovecot: imap(ldaptestuser): Debug: acl: group added: ldaptestgroup
dovecot: imap(ldaptestuser): Debug: acl: group added: all_mailuser

I created one new private folder on the mailbox of my test user and also
subscribed it. This subscription is successfully replicated.

After that I am trying to subscribe the public folder. I can see the
folder in my client after I subscribed them. But on the 2nd dovecot
server the subscription file is not updated.

imap-1 # cat subscription
Private1
public/test/Test1

imap-2 # cat subscription
Private1

The debug log on both dovecot server tells me:
dovecot: doveadm(<ip>,ldaptestuser): Debug: Effective uid=834603987,
gid=991, home=/opt/mail/ldaptestuser
dovecot: doveadm(<ip>,ldaptestuser): Debug: acl: No acl_shared_dict
setting - shared mailbox listing is disabled
dovecot: doveadm(<ip>,ldaptestuser): Debug: maildir++:
root=/opt/mail/_public/test, index=, indexpvt=, control=, inbox=, alt=
dovecot: doveadm(<ip>,ldaptestuser): Debug: acl: initializing backend
with data: vfile
dovecot: doveadm(<ip>,ldaptestuser): Debug: acl: acl username = ldaptestuser
dovecot: doveadm(<ip>,ldaptestuser): Debug: acl: owner = 0
dovecot: doveadm(<ip>,ldaptestuser): Debug: acl vfile: Global ACLs disabled

It looks like the doveadm() cannot find the group or is not
checking/initalizing the groups.

Anybody any idea if I missconfigured something or is this just a bug? I
really would appreciate some help.

kind regards,
Mike;