dsync issues due to Prefix difference?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Jan 31 00:05:09 UTC 2016

> On 29 Jan 2016, at 23:16, Mark Little <marklittle at koallo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm hoping I am just missing something obvious - but I cannot seem to get a one-way migration dsync working between two Dovecot servers because the Prefix configuration is different.

I think a regular dsync -> dsync migration won't work then directly, because it assumes similar source and destination namespaces. One possibility would be that if you start dsync from the destination server, you simply point it to a configuration with a similar namespace config (via -c dovecot.conf) as the source. It should still write everything correctly so that afterwards you can run with the wanted the namespace prefix (i.e. prefix can be changed in dovecot.conf without having to modify any per-user files). Another possibility would be to do imapc sync and set imapc_prefix=INBOX. - see http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/Dsync