weakforced

Sami Ketola sami.ketola at dovecot.fi
Thu Aug 17 10:55:44 EEST 2017

> On 16 Aug 2017, at 21.34, Mark Moseley <moseleymark at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Cool, good to know.
>
> Do you have any hints/tips/guidelines for things like sizing, both in a
> per-server sense (memory, mostly) and in a cluster-sense (logins per sec ::
> node ratio)? I'm curious too how large is quite large. Not looking for
> details but just a ballpark figure. My largest install would have about 4
> million mailboxes to handle, which I'm guessing falls well below 'quite
> large'. Looking at stats, our peak would be around 2000 logins/sec.

Single node can manage about 18K req/sec keeping sub 10ms/req latency.
This was benchmarked with system that had 4core, 3.1GHz CPU.
Each login is usually 3 requests so this translates to 6000 logins/sec.
Results are same for two node cluster.

What comes to memory there is only one rule: The whole dataset much fit
in memory or the performance dies.  In the benchmarks 4 windows x 5 integer
fields with 1M keys used 2GB of RAM.

Sami