Restoring a deleted imap folder from backup to user Maildir

Kepa Lyman kepa at oceanvoyages.com
Thu Feb 2 00:28:23 UTC 2017

Hi,

A user accidentally delete a  folder from their Maildir (probably while
using Thunderbird). The folder was at Archives/Sent/2015
(/.Archives.Sent.2015 in the Maildir format).

I attempted to copy the folder from a tar backup into the Maildir folder
but the new folder does not show up in Thunderbird or in the Subscribe
option.

I also copied the .Archives.Sent. folder as well. A "Sent" folder shows
up after this in Thunderbird's Subscribe menu but not the 2015 subfolder.

Is there some other additional step(s) to undertake when moving Maildir
folders around so they show up in Dovecot (or Thunderbird- though I did
try deleting Thunderbird's local mail tmp folder).

Re: this message about SELinux on CentOS, SELinux is set to permissive:
https://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-January/036257.html

Thanks!

Kepa