folders in public namespace only visable to 2nd folder level in 2.2.29.1

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Thu May 4 10:27:53 EEST 2017

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Oster
NOVA Elektroanlagen GmbH
Carl-Zeiss-Str. 3

D-76275 Ettlingen

Tel.: +49 (7243) 5490 22
FAX: +49 (7243) 5490 54
aoster at novanetwork.de
http://www.novanetwork.de

Geschäftsführer: Jörg Amann, Claudia Blasi
Registergericht: Mannheim, HRB 361711 	Adresse Andreas Oster

Am 03.05.2017 um 17:51 schrieb Andreas Oster:
> Hi all,
>
> I am currently facing an issue with Dovevot version 2.2.29.1 where
> subfolders in a public namespace are only
> visible to the 2nd folder level:
>
> namespace Public -> folder "1st" -> folder -> "2nd" -> folder "3rd" ....
>
> When one user creates a subfolder below the 2nd level other users do not
> see that folder and are unable to
> subscribe to this folder. Folders created under the 1st level however
> are visible and subscribable by other
> users.
>
> namespace {
>    disabled = no
>    hidden = no
>    ignore_on_failure = no
>    inbox = no
>    list = children
>    type = public
>    separator = /
>    prefix = Public/
>    location = maildir:/var/vmail/public:INDEXPVT=~/Maildir/public
>    subscriptions = no
> }
>

> I do not know at which point ( dovecot update ) this issue appeared.
>
> Does anyone face the same problem ?
>
> Thank you for your kind help
>
> best regards
> Andreas

Hi all,

I have just recognized that there seems to be something wrong with the
per user seen flag indexes. In the dovecot log file I get a lot of those
errors:

Error: /var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd
/dovecot.index.pvt reset, view is now inconsistent
Error:
/var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd/dovecot.index.pvt
view is inconsistent

Error: /var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd.3rd
/dovecot.index.pvt reset, view is now inconsistent
Error:
/var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd.3rd/dovecot.index.pvt
view is inconsistent

Could this be the cause of the issue ? How can this be fixed ?

Thank you for your kind help

best regards
Andreas