Urgent Help required

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jul 8 22:01:20 EEST 2020

Am 08.07.2020 um 20:28 schrieb Kishore Potnuru:
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> As per our current infrastructure, I can go maximum of the redhat 7.7
> version. Not more than that. Am I able to install or upgrade to dovecot 2.3
> version in redhat 7.7?

Believe me, there is no technical reason why you can't use the current
update release of RHEL 7. Current is

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.8 (Maipo)

redhat-release-server-7.8-2.el7.x86_64

> I have another question. I understand redhat 6.10 will go out of support in
> november 2020. But this is a test environment. Am i able to install dovecot
> 2.3 version on redhat 6.10? For the Live support, I will be doing it on
> redhat 7.7 version.

Red Hat does not provide a newer dovecot. If you don't need their
support and just test out dovecot 2.3 you can get it as a working RPM
package from ghettoforge.org.

https://mirror.ghettoforge.org/distributions/gf/el/6/plus/x86_64/dovecot23-2.3.10.1-1.gf.el6.x86_64.rpm

http://ghettoforge.org/index.php/Usage

> Thanks,