Dovecot FTS with Solrcloud

Patrik Peng patrik.peng at hostpoint.ch
Fri Jul 10 14:50:42 EEST 2020

Greetings

We are looking into a solution to set up full text search for our
multiple Dovecot instances. According to the Dovecot Wiki, fts_solr is
one of the recommended plugins to use.

Since we have more than just a few hundred mailboxes, I guess one Solr
instance will not suffice. So I took a look at SolrCloud and set up a
small cluster with three nodes and shards. I have no preceding
experience with Solr or SolrCloud and now it's not clear to me, how
dovecot can interact with this cluster.

Has anyone ever tried to setup dovecot FTS with a SolrCloud cluster and
is willing to share his findings?

Regards
Patrik