Client shows incorrect message counts

Antonio Leding tech at leding.net
Tue Jul 28 22:42:19 EEST 2020

One last datapoint…

If I right-clink on a given account in Apple Mail, the message counts there actually match what doveadm tells me.  But looking at the message counts in the main Mail application pane, those counts are low.  I initially thought this could just be cosmetic but I then confirmed that messages are missing — in some cases over 1000 messages — but again, only on the Apple client.  If I go to Mailmate or Thunderbird, the messages are there...

I have also confirmed that Apple “features” such as mail filtering, Junk mail, etc. are disabled...