ot: copy physical mail files ?

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Sat May 9 16:00:37 EEST 2020

Voytek Eymont wrote:
> dumb question warning:
>
> I have two email accounts, me at tld1 and me at tld2
> often, get emails intended (by me) for me at tld2 sent to me at tld1
>
> this is purely for my own preferred record keeping preference,
>
> as I run the server, is it 'a really bad things' if I simply copy relevant
> mail files from
> /var/vmail/vmail1/tld1..../cur to /var/vmail/vmail1/tld2.../cur ?
>
> rather than forward emails as I have been doing?
>
> thanks

I used to move mail files around but now use "doveadm move".

You can probably move mail from me at tld1 to me at tld2 with something like:

doveadm move -u me at tld2 INBOX user me at tld1 MAILBOX INBOX subject party

where party is a string that appears only in the subject line of the
emails you want to move.

	Richard.