Problems with userdb and mail deliveribility

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun May 17 22:00:53 EEST 2020

On 17 May 2020, at 11:08, Chris Bennett <chris-dvcot at freedomforlife.rocks> wrote:

> I realize that I dumpimg a lot of info out there.

But not what we need.

doveconf -n
postfix -n (or equivalent)

What MTA you are using (postfix, etc)

Errors in mail.log showing the failures.

> I can shoot for system users, but I really want to get the virtual users
> working. This is a bit of a project.

user=vmail delay=2h50m40s result=TempFail stat=Error (temporary failure: "mail.lmtp: LMTP server error: 550 5.1.1 <rodeo at consulting-diy-construction.com> User doesn't exist:

Probably your LMTP lookup is malformed, probably in your MTA.

lmtp(rodeo)<45419><iDyPNMV2v15rsQAAdP1VAQ:2>: Error: mkdir(/var/vmail//rodeo/Maildir) failed: Permission denied (euid=1000(rodeo) egid=1000(rodeo) missing +w perm: /var, dir owned by 0:0 mode=0755)

You have permission issues. vmail (and all files and folders in vmail) should be owned by the vmail user, not by root.

--
HILLBILLIES ARE PEOPLE TOO Bart chalkboard Ep. AABF11