Delivering locally through the Submission Server

R. Diez rdiezmail-2006 at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 2 22:33:08 EET 2020

> what should it do with the non local messages or local messages directly
> at aliases?

OK, so I gather that the Submission Server cannot do that (yet).

My suggestion for a future version would then be: How about running dovecot-lda, if the user happens to be local, or a local alias? Or at least
provide some sort of pattern matching: anything matching *@example.com , pass the message to dovecot-lda .

It feels strange that a plug-in accessing the local user database for authentication purposes, and running on the same Dovecot server instance, needs
to use an MTA to deliver a local message, it is like going out to come back in again. But I do not know much about mail servers yet. Have I missed
some important concept here that makes this idea silly indeed?

Regards,
   rdiez