Version controlled (git) Maildir generated by Dovecot

David Myers david.myers.24j74 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 12:04:07 EEST 2020

Hello Adam,

thanks for the reply. Sounds fair enough to me. I hadn't thought about that
last benefit of git. I haven't deleted anything off my pc for years ...
still got HDD from 15 years ago with 'something' on them ?

Sorry this is going to go off topic somewhat .... (ok, I've just read it
again... its gone off topic a lot... again, apologies for that)

One more question, if you are using exclusively LibreOffice, I understand
it has a mode where it will separate the file into its constituent flat,
text XML files (style, contents, formatting etc), all of which can then be
stored in git with all the advantages that privides, no binary files
needed. Do you use this functionality ? I haven't done this so I don't know
how it impacts the work flow for a user, or how it will integrate into a
git workflow, but would be interested to hear a user experience. I just use
the inbuilt 'versioning' that is available within libreoffice (much better
than multiple copies of the same file with just a few changes).

Hopefully my last set of 'novice questions' ;)

thanks in advance.

David