Feature request.

Ralph Seichter ralph at ml.seichter.de
Sat Oct 10 19:52:01 EEST 2020

* Rogier Wolff:

> a few days ago my [Let's Encrypt] certificate expired and the
> fetchmail deamon running in the background had nowhere to
> complain.
> [...]
> Feature request: check the expiry date on the SSL certificate as it
> is being loaded and check for a new certificate if it HAS expired.

That's not something Dovecot needs to worry about. You did not specify
what mechanism you use to update your certificates, but both certbot and
duplicity (likely the most common tools for Linux) support post-update
hooks that let you automatically reload/restart Dovecot whenever a
certificate update occurs.

-Ralph