Changing IMAP separator - does it break things?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed Oct 14 14:16:09 EEST 2020

On 13 Oct 2020, at 20:36, Victor Sudakov <vas at sibptus.ru> wrote:
> I am using Dovecot 2.3.4.1 with maildirs. Just found out that MacOS Mail
> clients cannot work with nested folders, presumably because the MacOS
> Mail does not understand "." as the IMAP separator.

This is not correct. Mac Mail has no problems with nested folders and never has had any problem with nested folders. I have always used the '.' separator and I've had a 'Root' mail folder with subfolders since at least 2004.

> I don't want to break mail for 50 people just to please one Mac Mail
> user. The users are advanced developers actively using mail sorting
> rules, nested folders etc.

And what makes them think nested folders do not work?

--
Alice: If you would just shut up for about for two seconds, this sex dream
       would pass the Bechdel test.