Auro expunge

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 02:35:14 EEST 2020

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020, Maciej Milaszewski wrote:

> On 14.10.2020 16:28, Adrian Minta wrote:
>> $DOVEADM expunge -A mailbox Trash savedbefore 30d
>> $DOVEADM expunge -A mailbox Spam savedbefore 30d

You might as we save yourself an invocation by doing

 	$DOVEADM expunge -A \( mailbox Trash OR mailbox Spam \) savedbefore 30d

> But if you have more users (200K) that is a problem with that scripts

Why would an access triggered expungement be more problematic vs a periodic
cron job?  If it creates intense I/O loads, you can do it at off-peak times
and/or only do userbase subsets at any one time.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>