how to set smtp-client -> submission_relay_host for IPv4 only?

jeremy ardley jeremy at ardley.org
Fri Oct 16 00:02:01 EEST 2020

On 16/10/2020 4:04 am, PGNet Dev wrote:
> 	2020-10-15 12:51:45 submission(mua at example.com)<8OJP+rqxuvho7Z95>: Info: Successfully relayed message: from=<test at remote.example.com>, size=84, id=LMe...Aw, nrcpt=1, reply=`247 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 4CC0KY1wXNzWf93'
>
> not fatal, but wasted effort, and noise in the logs.
>
> how/where do I configure (just) the dovecot smtp-client -> submission_relay_host to only connect IPv4?

It appears your host has A and AAAA records in your DNS. The clients
will try IPV6 first if they see an AAAA record.

If you don't need IPV6 for your host remove the AAAA record. All
connections will then only use IPV4.

If you need IPV6 for some other reason then create an alias DNS A record
and point your clients to that instead

e.g.

myhost  A    192.0.2.1

	AAAA 2001:db8::1

myhostv4 A   192.0.2.1

you will have to change your certificate to include the alias myhost4