Dovecot docker auto-responder - delegate to external SMTP

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Mon Oct 19 14:51:46 EEST 2020

On 19 Oct 2020, at 04:28, Thomas Pronold <mail at tomgrill.de> wrote:
> The postfix image is configured in a way that certain IPs are allowed to send mails without authentication. So on postfix side I am set.

This is a *terrible* idea. ALL submissions outside of localhost (of the mail server) to localdomains should be authenticated, you should never whitelist your Eps as that just opens you put to abuse.

Yes, my system cron messages from all the non mail servers go to my mail server over secure submission.

--
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather did, not screaming in
	terror like his passengers.