v2.3.11.3 solr plugin search via MUA fails to match accented ascii characters; cmd line exec of `doveadm fts lookup` PANICs (assertion failed)

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:17:49 EEST 2020

On 10/19/20 9:15 AM, Peter wrote:
> If I remember correctly, that is an issue with TB - it only does body serches serverside, regardless of what you request, there should be an entry in their bugzilla, I'm too lazy right now.

this is a very old bug

	https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tb-enterprise/TuUXyQLBB1o

with leads to a comment from Timo

	https://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg43366.html

		"So, Solr in Dovecot works perfectly.
		> But the same search in thunderbird return "No matches found" :(
		Thunderbird problem, nothing you can do about it from Dovecot's side."

at the very least, there are/were _known_ issues with TBird's search-on-server bits.

now, whether that issue is still relevant here, I dunno yet; haven't finished digging through the ~ decade of Mozilla bug reports, finger pointing, and lack-of-resource complaints.  grumble.