modify dovecot user/pass_queries to deliver to local aliases via dovecot submission, with postfixadmin/sqlite3 tables?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 04:58:06 EEST 2020

as usual, the problem's seldom where you 1st look.

*NO* need for _any_ changes to queries.

the source of the problem was my local postfix submission instance's config -- connected to, as submission_relay_host, by dovecot.

it was doing exactly what I'd told it to do ... NOT expanding alias address mappings.

ensuring that

	no_address_mappings

is removed from

	receive_override_options=

, whether in main.cf, or in the instance's config in master.cf, does the trick.

i.e., pebkac.