Users unable to login

David Pottage david at electric-spoon.com
Wed Oct 21 16:40:51 EEST 2020

On 2020-10-21 10:58, jesus san miguel wrote:
> I have certain power users who can't login through POP3 or IMAP from
> their computer while being receiving mail on their cell phones (pop3),
> despite pop3_lock_session = no
>
> Am I hitting some other limit? I don't see any error in dovecot.log
> but a generic failed login:

I think there is a limit on the number of concurrent IMAP sessions that
each user can have open at once, and the default is 5 or something
fairly low.

Modern smartphone IMAP clients can easily have that many sessions open,
if the user is monitoring many folders for new mail, so when the user
attempts to log in with another device they cannot because they have hit
the limit.

--
David Pottage