Sieve_before

Sean Kamath kamath at moltingpenguin.com
Fri Oct 23 00:10:45 EEST 2020

> On Oct 22, 2020, at 12:19, @lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
>
> On 22 Oct 2020, at 10:05, @lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
>> require ["variables", "copy"];
>>
>> if address :matches ["To", "Cc"] ["*@*."] {
>>  redirect :copy "backup+295.${1}.${2}@*example.com*";
>> }
>
> I have tried this with similar results:
>
> require ["copy", "variables", "envelope", "fileinto", "subaddress"];
>
>   if envelope :matches :detail "to" "*" {
>     set :lower "name" "${1}";
>     redirect :copy "backup+295.${name}@@*example.com*";
>   }
>
>      ## Started executing script 'bcc'
>   5: envelope test
>   5:   starting `:matches' match with `i;ascii-casemap' comparator:
>   5:   getting `to' part from message envelope
>   5:   extracting `detail' part from address <kremels at kreme.com>
>   5:   finishing match with result: not matched
>   5: jump if result is false
>   5:   jumping to line 7
>      ## Finished executing script 'bcc'
>
> So why are these not matching? I can see the 'detail' right there, and this matches examples that I see online.
>
> (I've read, I think, every page google or DDG can find that contains "redirect :copy" to no avail).

If I read that bcc trace, it says “extracting ‘detail’ part from address <kremels at kreme.com <mailto:kremels at kreme.com>>”.

“kremels at kreme.com <mailto:kremels at kreme.com>” does not have a :detail part (https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Examples <https://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Examples> talks about this).

If it were “kremels+thing at kreme.com <mailto:kremels+thing at kreme.com>” then the net line out to say “finished match with result: ‘thing’” or some such.

My notes from my sieve file:

# :localpart = :user+:detail
# address are :localpart @ :domain, or :user + :detail @ :domain