SV: Looking for a guide to collect all e-mail from the ISP mail server

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Mon Oct 26 10:04:11 EET 2020

Amen to that!

-----Original Message-----
From: lists [mailto:lists at lazygranch.com]
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 7:09 AM
To: Dovecot Mailing List
Subject: Re: SV: Looking for a guide to collect all e-mail from the ISP
mail server

Good luck with all that coding. I have four years now of running my own
email server. Zero hacks. I keep the attack surface to a minimum. Less
is more.

One thing you don't want to do is write your own code. This stuff is
always way harder than you think. Worse yet you run alpha generation
code because you are the only one using it. All software has bugs. What
you need is a mass of users flogging the code and finding the bugs.

Now if you do use a browser, you have to deal with leaks, bugs, possible
process interaction if more than one tab is open, and possibly browser
extensions hacks if extensions are used.

Count me out.

And did you miss the part where I was hacked via RoundCube?