Looking for a guide to collect all e-mail from the ISP mail server

Marc Roos M.Roos at f1-outsourcing.eu
Mon Oct 26 16:59:43 EET 2020

 > Yes, you all want me to open ports. I'm sorry guys, but I won't
budge:
 > 1) Opening a port means reconfiguring the firewall. You may find it
funny, but some non-profits have no firewall, just a standard ADSL
router. The ones that the telecom company provides often has no IP
filtering abilities.

Read your router manual, you can easily only port forward from a single
or multiple ips to your local

> 2) I will not expose an SMTP server to the outside word. I will not
install in, or advise to, a small business a piece of software that
craves for attention

The problem is your knowledge is limited, and therefore draw incorrect
conclusions. So maybe try and find someone that has more knowledge in
your group, or ask around in your charity.

> 3) Of course I can ask the current ISP. And they may comply. But how
about the next one?

What next one? You should stick with your ISP for years, I have.

> 4) Of course I can filter my provider's IP in some Linux firewall. But
then the provider will change its setup and won't tell me. Or I will not
have time to modify the configuration. Or the next person will not have
time just this week.

These things do not change. I did not change my mail ip's the last 10
years or so. I guess only 'hillbillies' that hop around from supplier to
supplier to cut a few dollars a month do this.