Looking for a guide to collect all e-mail from the ISP mail server

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 26 17:17:48 EET 2020

On 10/26/20 11:09 AM, Gregory Heytings wrote:
>>> I too would strongly advise you to use Google Workspace (the recent
>>> new name for G Suite, previously known as Google Apps).  It's cheap,
>>> very reliable, and has all features you can dream of, including an
>>> autoresponder.  It's unrealistic to think that it's possible to beat
>>> a service that costs a mere USD 6 / user / month (and is free for
>>> nonprofits!).
>>
>> You're advocating
>
> I'm not advocating, I give the OP an advice, which he is (and you are)
> free to ignore.

   And now you're splitting hairs on terminology.  This suggests a
particular approach to an disagreement, and is not doing you any good.

>> storing confidential business or personal data on the servers of the
>> world's largest data mining company, and one that is rapidly becoming
>> quite evil.
>
> That's nonsense.  I will give one example: Airbus, the European
> aerospace corporation, uses Google Workspace.  If there is one single
> company in the world that would have every possible reason to not store
> their "confidential business data" on the servers of an American
> company, it's Airbus.  Yet they do it.

   I'm sure they do.  Are you now suggesting that mega-corporations only
ever do things in the best or smartest way?

   I can point out examples of people and corporations doing stupid
things all day long.  There are LOTS of examples, everywhere.  This
doesn't mean they're not stupid.

   I'm sorry buddy, your credibility hit rock bottom in your first post,
and your subsequent posts aren't helping.

   Have a nice day. *plonk*

              -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ