sieve-extdata plugin breaks on pigeonhole 0.5 ish

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Sep 19 00:37:20 EEST 2020

Hi, I wonder if someone could give me a little help bringing the
sieve-extdata plugin up to date to be usable with latest Dovecot/pigeonhole

Trying to use both together at present I get an error:

   managesieve: Fatal: Couldn't load required plugin
/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/lib90_sieve_extdata_plugin.so: dlopen() failed:
/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/lib90_sieve_extdata_plugin.so: undefined symbol:
sieve_sys_error

This appears to be due to the change in error handling in pigeonhole 0.5
which appears to have removes the "sieve_sys_error()" and
"sieve_sys_warning()" functions

I'm unclear how this code should be change (I've commented it out for
now - eek).

I find this extension useful to pass in user specific parameters to my
sieve scripts that are stored elsewhere in an sql database, eg spam
score, size threshold for attachments, perhaps there is some other way
to achieve this?

Any hints on how to fixing this would be appreciated

Thanks

Ed W