.IMAP locations

Elise dovecot_ML at cloudzeeland.nl
Sat Apr 3 14:27:04 EEST 2021

Op 3-4-21 om 9:39 schreef Aki Tuomi:

> The .imap folder will not contain duplicate of your mails. It contains
> indexes. These are not going to end up being same size as your mailbox.

Sorry, what I meant to say is that in every subfolder of the user/home
folder Dovecot is creating a .imap folder, replicating the folder
content the .imap is in.

In my case, having this www folder with my website in my home/user
folder (where Dovecot is starting indexing), the folder structure is
replicated serveral times with the .imap index folders that Dovecot creates.

I have solved the issue by moving the www folder out of the home/user
folder so that it is not indexed by Dovecot anymore.

Thanks for your help!
Elise