How to prevent, or change priority, of dovecot's FAILed relay-submission to relay's IPv6 address, and submit ONLY/first to IPv4?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Fri Apr 9 15:08:34 EEST 2021

On 08 Apr 2021, at 06:08, PGNet Dev <pgnet.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> whereas other services listen at both IPv4 & IPv6 addresses, with IPv6 preferred over IPv4, postfix listens ONLY on IPv4,

Do you mean that YOUR postfix only listens to ipv4? If so, wouldn't the solution be to setup postfix to listen to ipv6?

Postfix added support for IPv6 back in version 2 days.

   inet_protocols = ipv4, ipv6

or

   inet_protocols = all

(My ISP does not provide IPv6, so I have little experience with it, so entirely possible I am missing something here).

--
Eliot: Jesus. Alice has gone full Harry Potter part seven/eight over there.
Margo: God, I hope we're winning.