What is the proper <luceneMatchVersion> value in solrconfig.xml for dovecot?

Steve Dondley s at dondley.com
Mon Apr 19 19:28:07 EEST 2021

I'm looking at config documentation for solr on dovecot:
https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/fts/solr/

In the suggested solrconfig.xml file
(https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dovecot/core/master/doc/solr-config-7.7.0.xml),
it has the following line:

<luceneMatchVersion>7.7.0</luceneMatchVersion>

I'm running solr version 8.8.1, however. I'm wondering if I should
change this line to:

<luceneMatchVersion>8.8.1</luceneMatchVersion>

Things seems to work fine with the 7.7.0 value but there is a comment in
the config file that says:

   <!-- Controls what version of Lucene various components of Solr
        adhere to.  Generally, you want to use the latest version to
        get all bug fixes and improvements. It is highly recommended
        that you fully re-index after changing this setting as it can
        affect both how text is indexed and queried.
   -->

I'm not familiar with Lucene or Solr so I'm uncertain as to what to set
this to.

Thanks.