What imap ssl/auth settings work best with MS Outlook?

Adi Pircalabu adi at ddns.com.au
Fri Apr 30 04:48:41 EEST 2021

On 29-04-2021 23:08, @lbutlr wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2021, at 03:22, Steve Dondley wrote:
>> I am totally unfamiliar with Exchange servers. What do they offer,
>> exactly, that dovecot/postfix does not (besides a revenue stream for
>> MS)?
>
> A monthly stipend to Microsoft?
>
> (I think they actuallyy do offer some useful tools for things like
> meetings and calendars and such, including the 'feature' of being able
> to automatically add people to your itinerary.)

<rant importance=low noise_level=medium>

Fact: Exchange (especially hosted) is 2010-ish, Office365 is the
buzzword these days. Microsoft have been trying their best for quite
some time now to cripple the IMAP support in Outlook as much as they can
so that the email users will move their email business with o365 which -
surprise surprise! - is soooo easy to autodiscover, autoconfigure,
autothis, autothat. It's all about integrated services run by few well
known powerful monopolies and it's only gonna get worse.

</rant>

--
Adi Pircalabu