Errors after upgrade to v2.3.17

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com
Fri Dec 3 07:11:29 UTC 2021

Hi Adrian, Aurel.

I am not sure why Adrian consider that .dovecot.lda-dupes would have been changed like this?

Your problem is that you have configured mail home and mail location to point to same place, causing dovecot to consider .dovecot.lda-dupes as a maildir folder.

This is a very common misconfiguration, which leads into exactly this kind of issues.

The recommended configuration is to configure mail_location=maildir:~/mail to avoid this issue.

Aki