Master user password mismatch

Robert L Mathews lists at tigertech.com
Mon Feb 1 23:39:29 EET 2021

On 2/1/21 12:46 PM, Gregory Sloop wrote:
> I was never able to get it to work using the htpasswd utility as
> suggested in the Wiki.

I'd guess that's due to this from "man htpasswd" on my system:

> htpasswd  encrypts passwords using either bcrypt, a version
> of MD5 modified for Apache, SHA1, or the system's crypt()
> routine [... MD5] is the default (since version 2.2.18).

So it's emitting something weird that's now specific to Apache only. You
can pass htpasswd flags to emit SHA passwords and so on, but "doveadm
pw" probably makes more sense.

--
Robert L Mathews, Tiger Technologies, http://www.tigertech.net/