logging verbosity

Piotr Auksztulewicz dcml at hasiok.net
Fri Feb 5 11:14:43 EET 2021

On Fri, Feb 05, 2021 at 05:17:01AM +0100, Fourhundred Thecat wrote:
>   auth_verbose = yes
>
> I definitely want to keep logging unsuccessful auth, but how can I
> suppress the verbose rest?

I log everything for potential troubleshooting but I have a filter
configured in the syslog daemon which logs more interesting messages
to a separate file. It is easier to browse manually this way. I use
syslog-ng and its source/filter/destination syntax, but there are other
possibilities as well. I would recommend such approach, unless you're
really tight on disk space/throughput.

Piotr "Malgond" Auksztulewicz                     firstname at lastname.net