fts_encoder

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Tue Feb 9 00:05:03 EET 2021

On 2021/02/08 21:33, Joan Moreau wrote:
> Yes , once again : output of the decoder is fine, I also put log inide the dovecot core to
> check whether data is properly transmitted, and result is that it is (i.e. dovecot core
> receives the proper output of pdftotext via the decoder
>
> Now, that data is the /not/ the one sent from dovecot core to the fts plugin (and this is the
> same issue for solr and all other plugins)

Seems that something is different with your setup than John's and mine
then, as fts_solr rawlog (which is just the http request split into
.in and .out files) has the decoded file for us.

Did you try with the actual fts_solr plugin so it's a direct comparison
with what we see? There is no need for a real solr server, just point it
at any http server (or I guess netcat listening on a port will also do)
with

mail_plugins = fts fts_solr

plugin {
  fts_autoindex = yes
  fts = solr
  fts_solr = url=http://127.0.0.1:80/ rawlog_dir=/tmp/solr
}

If that is not showing decoded for you then I suppose there's some
problem on the way into/through fts. And if it does show as decoded
then perhaps fts_solr is doing something slightly different than the
places you're examining in fts and your plugin, and that might give
a point to work backwards from.